b. 1991, Joplin MO
Located in Southwest Missouri
V. Leigh Carr is a mixed-media artist and oil-pastelist living with her husband and daughter in a wooded corner of the Ozarks, just south of Joplin, Missouri.
Born into a family of professional creatives, she received an unconventional hands-on art education through 2012, leading to early success in local competitions. A diagnosis of Autism and a genetic disorder (Ehlers-Danlos) has shaped her perspective and led her to develop her passion further as a means of expression and healing.
V. Leigh typically works in series related by medium or subject matter. She draws inspiration from her vivid dreams, faith, and natural surroundings. Her work is driven by curiosity and challenges the boundaries between real and fantastical.
- 2022 “Lucy” in Creamery Arts Center, Springfield MO
- 2022 “Flow” in Sky Gallery Springfield “Into the Blue” juried exhibit
- 2022 “Eirsticken” in Sky Gallery Springfield “Big Show” juried exhibit
- 2022 Fresh Gallery Annual Juried Art Show, Springfield, MO, winner 3rd place
- 2022 Solo show at Joplin Avenue Coffee Co
- 2021 winner 2nd place in Spiva Gallery 74th Membership Show, Joplin MO
- 2021 Spiva Third Thursday Artwalk , Joplin MO
- 2021 Solo show at Chaos Brewing Co., Joplin MO
- 2021 Solo show at Big Spring Gallery, Neosho MO
- 2020 winner of Mary-Ellen-Pitts Memorial Pastel Award, Big Spring Gallery, Neosho MO
- 2019 Thomas Hart-Benton Competition, Neosho MO
- 2017 solo exhibit in Joplin Greenhouse & Coffee Shop, Joplin MO
- Fresh Gallery Spotlight on Ozarks Live
- 2021 Interview in print publication ‘Joplin Toad’, 2021 #3
- 2020 November featured piece “Safe”, in digital publication ‘Loose Connections eMagazine’.
- 2020, feature article in print publication ‘the Joplin Globe’
- 2019 feature article in digital publication ‘the Joplin Toad’, 2019 #4
Juried Member of Fresh Gallery, Springfield MO
Regular art contributor and proofer for The Joplin Toad magazine
Creator and supplier of ebru marbled paper for Little House Journals
Member of JRAC
Member of SRAC